Well. I am blown away to be nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award! I do not quite know what to say. I was nominated by my new blogging friend, Anne Leueen. Have a click around over on her site. I know you will not be disappointed. She writes of many things and shares the same great love and passion for the horse. I truly appreciate her support and am honored to offer her the same. While you are over there, wish her luck in her winter show season down in Florida. I know she is enjoying the warm weather.
The rules for accepting this award as follows.
- Give thanks to the person who had nominated you and a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Briefly tell how you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on the nominated blogs and let them know you have nominated them and give a link to the post you have created.
How did I start blogging.
Funny you should ask. I wrote a post aptly titled, ‘Why This Blog,’ about this very topic when I started this blog a short five months ago on somewhat of a whim one evening. I thought it was important at the time to give more than just a background on myself, but a background on the blog itself that spoke to more than just topics of interest. I feel the same way about it today. It is more than my random musings, and man, I sure can be random at times! It is more than my love for the horse and what my ride was like. It is more than what I am listening to. It is about life and living it. What we can learn. Being a part of a community. Being supportive of each other. None of us are alone in our walk. Suffice it to say that we are all wonderfully unique and have something in common. The point is, whether it is inspiration, comfort, distraction, hope, or humor, it is my hope that everyone finds something useful here on this little blog of mine. Horse stories are involved. Great music is involved. Food is sometimes involved. My AHA moments about life and what it is really about is most definitely involved. Join me. I am not turning back!
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Being new to this I am not all that sure I am qualified to offer all that great of advice. However, based on my limited experience, write what is on your heart and feeds your flame. Be honest and true to yourself. It will come through and will relate to people.
- Do not be a formula. I went against advice I was given here from several people and publications. I was told that I should have a narrower focus, I was being too broad. Maybe that is true. I tried to post about the same things on certain days and at the same time, but it just did not feel right. It felt forced when I did that. I write whatever comes at whatever time. It all happens for a reason and we are not formulas.
I nominate the following bloggers, in no particular order, for the award.
Some of the blogs I would nominate have already been nominated and there are MANY others that I enjoy reading as well. I am having a hard time putting together this list. I am having a major blank for some reason and will have to come back and finish this part later. I will think on it for a few days and get back with you.
Thank you so much, again, Anne!
Have a great Friday and walk in love, dear readers.
4 thoughts on “Bloggers Recognition Award”
Thank you Avery for the compliments and the shout out! I enjoy the randomness of your blog. I seem to recall a good one on cinnamon rolls! And horsey ones too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are very welcome and 😉 thanks!
Great advice section and congratulations 🙂 Follow for follow?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aw thank you so much for your kind words and comment! You bet!