Oh, that sounds like a fun game, doesn’t it?!
Anne Leueen, you remember her, over at HorseAddict? I have mentioned her before. She nominated me for a Bloggers Recognition Award (Well, dang! That was nice!) and we have also spoken about Winston Churchill. Ring any bells?
Anyway, she nominated me for The Christmas Tag Award! Thanks Anne! She writes a fun blog about horses and dressage and family. I truly look forward to her posts and enjoy our ‘conversations’ via our comments. I live vicariously through her blog. Following along on her journeys with her horse through my computer.
Well, let us get on with the fun! You know how I love Christmas and spreading cheer, so here goes.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog √
- Add the picture in your blog √
- Copy these rules into your post √
- Add a link to this original post √ Original Christmas Tag
- Answer the 10 questions (you can add extra Christmas – related questions if you want) √
- Tag at least 3 other bloggers with links to their blogs √
- Have fun! √√√
(Side note…want to know something interesting? I am left handed and write my √s in the opposite direction.)
My Tagged nominees:
Allie: Rocking E Cowgirl
Teresa: Journey With A Dancing Horse
Tonya: Fourth Generation Farmgirl
Now for the fun part…
1. What´s your favorite thing about Christmas?
Um. All of it? It is not about the things. It is what it all adds up to mean. The reason for the season. What IT is all about. His coming for us. His presence. Fellowship. Getting together with family and friends in honor of Him.
2. What´s your favorite Christmas memory?
There are so many, it is hard to pick just one. I do think my favorite memory is actually one that I wrote about the other day. The post was supposed to actually be about Elvis, but laced in there was the story of how all the grandchildren would go over to my Grandparents’ house to decorate their Christmas tree, listen to Christmas music, and drink hot chocolate. I miss those days!
3. Are there special traditions your family has for Christmas?
There have been many special traditions over the years. Like going together to pick out the Christmas tree or decorating the house or wrapping the gifts. Traditions are special to me. They are meaningful, if you are doing them for the right reasons, but they are really not what IT is about. Time goes on, people grow up, families grow, and life changes. And, so do our traditions. They fade away, change, or we make new ones. It is the natural way of things. To change, whether we like it or not. I have written on this before. However, the root of the tradition, what makes it special, stays the same. Everyone who is able comes to the designated house for a grand meal made with love and enjoyed with togetherness and faithfulness. It does not matter when or how or what, just so long as we get together. Grow in our faith and fellowship. Feel and see the reason for the season. His presence. To spread our joy and cheer with those around us.
4. What´s your Christmas wish? (can be personal or general)
5. What´s your favorite Christmas dish?
Um. How long do you have? It is my favorite meal. So. Every dish? Really though, my favorite is my Mamma’s homemade rolls. They are only made on special occasions and I have never had a better roll. What can I say, I like carbs OK. Don’t judge. If you had ever had them you would know
6. What´s your favorite Christmas decoration?
The tree! The smell. The feel. The look. The lights. The ornaments. That explanation above that I found this year. This one below that I just found.
It brings meaning to the minutia. Changes the way today’s ‘world’ thinks about it, takes the marking and today’s Santa out of it. It is no longer a chore.
7. What´s your favorite Christmas song?
Um. Way to pick the hardest question. I really dislike when people ask my favorite song. Can I have more criteria. What day? What mood? What situation? I have so many favorites of all kinds. Have you heard the Christmas songs I have been sharing over on the Facebook page?! Most all about the true meaning of Christmas and great pieces of music. If I HAD to pick a favorite, right now…
Hard to not cry.
8. Where do you usually celebrate Christmas?
Honestly? In my heart. Hokey and corny and all that, I know, but it is true. It is they way we are meant to I think. You know how I just explained changing traditions? Well, where we physically celebrate also changes. We also have multiple celebrations. Big family. Church Christmas Eve, followed by dinner at someone’s house. These days it has been at my oldest sister, A’s house. So the little people can go to bed at a reasonable time in their own beds and wake up to Christmas morning at their house. Then Christmas Day lunch at either my Parents’ or my Aunt and Uncle’s house. This year, my Aunt and Uncle’s. We used to always do it at my Grandparent’s house.
9. What does the “Christmas spirit” mean to you? and I will add Anne’s extra question because these two questions are tied together for me…Do you believe in Christmas?
I believe in the Christmas I have described through the answers to this Christmas Tag. I believe in the reason for the season. The coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for us. The forgiveness of our sins. In remembering and living that. Doing His will and walking His path for me every day of the year.
That is what the Christmas Spirit is to me. Remembering the reason for the season. Being a source of joy and cheer for those around you. Letting Him be a blessing to others through you. Giving and doing for others. Forgiveness as Christ forgave us. Growing that in your heart and letting it last all year.
10. Who out of anybody in the world would you want to spend your Christmas with?
My family. Especially the ones who do not live here and I only get to see every now and then.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
What about you, dear readers? Pick a question and answer. I want to know!
Nominees, here is the list:
- What´s your favorite thing about Christmas?
- What´s your favorite Christmas memory?
- Are there special traditions your family has for Christmas?
- What´s your Christmas wish? (can be personal or general)
- What´s your favorite Christmas dish?
- What´s your favorite Christmas decoration?
- What´s your favorite Christmas song?
- Where do you usually celebrate Christmas?
- What does the “Christmas spirit” mean to you?
- Who out of anybody in the world would you want to spend your Christmas with?
- Do you believe in Christmas? Bonus question.
Walk in love!
Horses, Darcy Dog, cake, and pie coming up!